Korigad Information: In 1657, Shivaji Maharaj incorporated this fort in Swarajya along with Lohgad, Visapur, Tung, and Tikona. In 1818, Col. Prother tried to invade this fort but could not succeed even after prolonged fighting. But, he succeeded after few days, by targeting a cannon ball where the ammunition was stored. It is said that Ghangad was also conquered along with this fort.
Trek starts from the base village Peth Shahapur. One has to enter the dense forest then after reaching the backside of the fort one can see well maintain steps to reach the top. There are two lakes on top of the fort.
Highlights of Korigad :
● 2 Large Ponds
● Korlaidevi temple
● Ganesh temple
● Fortification of the fort
● Beautiful views of the surrounding valleys
● Walk along the entire perimeter of the fort (about 2 km)
● Aamby Valley View from top
● From here Nagphani Point, Tung, Tikona, Matheran, Prabalgad, Karnala and Manikgad ranges can be viewed.
07:30 pm: Meeting point at Lonavla station
07:45 pm: Departs from lonavla towards Korigad base village (pethshahapur)
09:00 pm: Arrive at base village, introduction session, and dinner
10:00 pm: Start trekking towards Korigad
11:30 pm: Reach Korigad top plateau
11:45 pm: Tent pitching, campfire (depend on wood availability) and fun games
06:00 am: Wake-up call and start exploring the fort and all fun
07:30 am: Start descending
09:00 am: Morning breakfast at the base village
10:00 am: Return journey towards Lonavla
● Transport by private vehicle Lonavla to Lonavla
● Dinner (Veg / Non-veg)
● Breakfast, Tent accommodation
● Expert team to guide the participant
● First aid kit
● Anything not mentioned in the Include list & GST
Cancellation and refund applicable to the tour cost:
● If cancellation is done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that, no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY:-
● Chaddar and mattress
● At least 3 litter of drinking water
● Torch with extra batteries
● Photo ID card
● Good trekking or sport shoes
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Jackets (photo accheaate hey)
● Electric/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. (if required)
● Any personal medicine